Yarn: Undyed Irish aran-weight wool bought in Galway, and 1 skein Louet Gems Topaz for I-cord edging
Needles: Addi Turbos, US #8, 32"
Modifications: I did all of EZ's suggested mods except the pockets. This included: longer sleeves with short-row arm shaping, waist shaping, shoulder shaping, "phoney seams", and i-cord edging. I also installed a double-direction zipper instead of buttons b/c I thought it would be more wearable and modern that way.I am completely thrilled with how this turned out. While I was making the jacket, I was having very serious doubts. It looked like a giant mass of white wooliness, which still smelled a little sheepy, to be honest, and I was afraid the fit would be really off, since it was such a strange form of construction. It turned out to be a snug, fitted wool jacket!
The knitted-on i-cord edging really added a lot:
And though it took several hours to do, it was well-worth the effort.
Cross-posted at Yarnmonster.