Zimmermania

Saturday, November 11, 2006

2x2 - Saddle Shoulder progress

Things are looking great for finishing soon on my EZ saddle-shoulder. I was going to do a hybrid - but a few test swatches with the 2x2 rib said "don't do it"!

Still loving the yarn (FleeceArtist Kid/Silk 2ply) in this most equisite caribbean blue water colour.

Here in Ottawa on Thursday, the Yarn Harlot herself came for a talk. I was there early, knit during the talk, and knit while I was waiting for the very long lineup for the book signing to die down...I was able to make some serious progress on the second arm.



Funny how 2x2 ribbing makes things look "small"! I've tried it on, and it does indeed fit as designed...I'm now almost finished the second arm... and I'm thinking that I just might be done this weekend....

More on my blog

2 Comments:

  • It looks great, Betsey. That yarn is so pretty. Does it drape nicely?

    By Blogger LMB Knits, at 8:19 AM  

  • Hmm. it's almost like a sport weight, and I'm knitting it tight - and of course the ribbing keeps it sturdy...I suspect though if I were knitting on bigger needles and in lace it would be quite drape-y...

    I have three skeins - so I'm thinking I'll have enough to do a little something lacey with it...

    By Blogger one year from now....., at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home