Zimmermania

Friday, November 10, 2006

Thrilled








My Epaulet Sweater is finished and it fits beautifully.
This has to be among the most challenging and ingenious designs created by EZ.
It certainly was a puzzle to figure out, and once I understood the concept it was wonderful to knit.

Knitting it was quite the adventure. The pattern I have was published in Handwoven Jan 1982 and included a lovely photo. It also had three (3) seperate instructions, very "pithy", a "statistics and percentages" and the "Now, Dear blind followers, here we go". So I crunched the numbers and started. And stumbled, and ripped, and tried again and ripped. I must have ripped six times.

Finally in desperation I wrote to Meg, and she very graciously wrote back with more details and diagrams. It is a shame that my original pattern did not include diagrams. A picture really is worth a thousand words for once I saw the diagram I knew what shapes to knit. And then it was smooth sailing.

I also posted my dilemma to this blog. Another knitter contacted me privately, saying she was intrigued by this pattern too and had gotten stuck. So we coached each other.

Knitting is wonderful.


9 Comments:

  • It looks great! Good job, I haven't knit one yet, but I plan too! :)

    By Blogger Liz M., at 2:55 PM  

  • Awesome! I love the yarn you chose. I really want to make that sweater one of these times.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 PM  

  • That came out so nice! This is something I'm going to have to check out.

    By Blogger textilejunkie, at 6:32 PM  

  • Isn't that a GREAT pattern? Set-in sleeves with no steeking. It's my own newest favorite since I had a supposed-to-be-raglan go wrong on me this summer and I used the saddle-shoulder instead. LOVE IT!

    Beautiful yarn choice you made.

    By Blogger Julie, at 7:30 PM  

  • that jacket is amazing! Great Job!

    By Blogger one year from now....., at 6:41 AM  

  • Looks beautiful -- what kind of yarn did you use? It is really nice and might need to be my "after Christmas gift knitting" project.

    By Blogger Mary G, at 11:11 AM  

  • Beautiful work! Great yarn, too - what is it?

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 3:52 PM  

  • Beautiful knitting!

    By Blogger the daily purl, at 8:10 PM  

  • wonderful! Your version is enough to make me want to try one..... ah when will the endless EZ desires stop? Great job!

    By Blogger j a r e d, at 7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home