Zimmermania

Friday, November 10, 2006

Totem Jacket


This is a Totem Jacket for one of my nephews. I have finished the body and the hood (its hard to arrange to take a photo!) and am working on the first sleeve.

I had to do a bit of fiddling with the pattern as I am using a very bulky yarn (he lives in the Berkshires) . Its about 3st/inch and is working out to about 2/3 of the written pattern - not to hard to figure out.

The only thing I miss is a row gauge - as the nephew is not local and requests for measurements have not been answered I have been using several references for a 4-5 year old and adding a few inches.

Luckily there is another nephew two years younger and another one on the way so it should fit someone at some point!

At this point I am planning on doing the borders in a black of the same yarn. More later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home