Zimmermania

Friday, November 03, 2006

Toddler saddle shoulder sweater and hat


Here is a toddler sized saddle shoulder--it doesn't have much of a "saddle" because I couldn't figure out how to go back and forth and have it look nice without holes. Plus once I did the saddle there were too few stitches around the neck. So, I just ended with a roll neck edge and it works fine! The yarn is KnitPicks WOTA that I dyed with kool aid (a lot of kool aid) on the stove. I used 19 packets of berry blue (3 skeins) and 4 packets of lemon lime plus some neon green food coloring (1 skein). My daughter's ganomy hat is Lorna's Laces on size 7s, I forget the color, sorry! It was originally intended for me, but turned out too small. I have since made another with thicker yarn on size 8s and it fits just fine.
Thanks for looking!
Liane

9 Comments:

  • Ah, very cute!!
    Greetings from Finland!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:36 PM  

  • Real Cute!
    greetings from Canada!

    By Blogger one year from now....., at 2:17 PM  

  • Absolutely adorable! And your daughter looks so happy! (I wish my kids looked like that when I'd knit them something... ;-))
    greetings from Sweden!

    By Blogger miastick, at 2:31 PM  

  • Beautiful sweater and gorgeous hat. I love Lorna's Laces Worsted for hats and have knitted a few, but you've inspired me again - my next one will be a ganomy. I think the colour you've used might be Rainbow.

    By Blogger Helen, at 2:42 PM  

  • The sweater is awesome and so are the hat and pants. I love the pocket. Is it an afterthought pocket?

    By Blogger Annie in the Round, at 3:02 PM  

  • So sweet! So are the knits. She looks like she really likes them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:57 PM  

  • I can't stop looking at that face to start looking at the knitting! All are fabolous!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 PM  

  • How absolutely adorable. And what a camera cutie! Wonderful job, especially on the dyeing with koolaid. I bake mine in the oven when I'm dyeing with koolaid, and it seems to come out darker :)

    By Blogger Liz M., at 3:17 PM  

  • Thank you for all the compliments! Yes, that is an afterthought pocket, my first! Also thank you for the cool tip on the kool aid in the oven. How high do you put the temp?
    Thanks,
    Liane

    By Blogger Liane, at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home