Zimmermania

Friday, November 03, 2006

Whoops.

I forgot to post this; I started it before Zimmermania began, but I finished it up at the beginning of October. It was at the state fair for most of October and I just now have it back. Here you go:



Pithy details:

I used EZ's percentage system and based it on her yoke style sweater, though this one was knit from the top down. Still, math is math and the numbers work top-down or bottom-up. I also did short rows across the back of the neck like she suggests and it worked like a charm.

The yarn is 2/8 Jagerspun weaving merino from Halcyon Yarns. The wool softened amazingly after washing and feels almost like cashmere. I used size two/3mm needles for the stranded color yoke and size one/2.5mm needles for the solid-colored body.

The yoke pattern is from "Poems of Color" by Wendy Keele. It's the Blue Shimmer, but I used my own numbers for a larger sweater than what was available in the book.

Gory details and a huge amount of whining can be found over at my blog in the archives, in August and September.

One last shot of the yoke, 'cause I love it:

5 Comments:

  • I absolutely love those colors together! Beautiful sweater!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 AM  

  • Aren't the Bohus designs wonderful?! Nice job! You'll love wearing it this winter!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 PM  

  • Gorgeous! I love those blues and tans.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 12:58 PM  

  • Oh, Blue Shimmer has always been one of my favorites, but I haven't had the courage to make it yet. You've done a really fabulous job--congrats!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 PM  

  • Could you post a link to that yarn (or send me said link)? I can't find a 2/8 merino, only a 2/8 "Maine Line" wool and 2/18 merino.

    I've been planning to make something like this, but steek it down the front (a learning experience) like the picture in The Opinionated Knitter. (I'm also planning to add a lot of waist shaping and a short-row bust dart, but that's just because things look funny on me without that.) Anyway, I was thinking the standard Shetland to make the sweater, but I would prefer a merino.

    By Blogger ChiaLea, at 4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home