Zimmermania

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Maltese Hat


Isn't this a cute hat! Well, maybe it's just me. It was really a fun hat to knit! Even more fun is the fact that it fits everyone from the 4yo to me! It sits a little differently on each of us but it is very stretchy.

This is from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Spun Out #9 using Woolease Chunky and size 11 needles. Needless to say, it was very quick to knit. I started it this morning and finished it before my student got to knitting class tonight.

It has been getting into the low 20's at night already so I had been thinking about hats. This one really covers up the back of the neck and ears nicely. It should be great for playing in the snow!

I can see more of these in my future!

Note: I used about 3 ounces out of the 5 oz skein of Woolease Chunky so somewhere around 100 yards was all this took.

Cross-posted on my blog
Denise

1 Comments:

  • cute! would you model it for us? i've always wanted to see what this looked like on a person

    By Blogger jess, at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home