Zimmermania

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Best baby sweater ever

Perhaps it's bad knit-a-long etiquette to parachute in with a finished object but, well, here goes.



This is my February baby sweater from "Knitters Almanac." I used size 3 circs and, sadly, a mystery Croatian cotton yarn, the ball band for which I lost. (I picked it up at Knit-a-way in Brooklyn mainly for the color, since the little recipient is named Violet. Cute, huh?) I decided to use just three pearl buttons because I thought it might be easier for the parents -- and darling to boot.

I'll be knitting this pattern again, that's for certain. The lace pattern is my favorite kind -- easy to memorize and just challenging enough to fend off boredom.

I must admit that although I loved the simplicity of this pattern and the unique, nearly seam-free construction, I was a little stumped by the sparse instructions, specifically when it came to starting the sleeves. (I turned to Brooklyn Tweed, who gave me his interpretation.) But one hiccup in a pattern is nothing for me.

Carrie
Every Word's A Purl

8 Comments:

  • Great work, I'm sure violet will look very cute in the sweater!

    By Blogger one year from now....., at 4:44 AM  

  • What a sweet baby sweater! Lovely!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 AM  

  • Yay, I can't wait to make this... for someone.... It's gorgeous!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 AM  

  • i think it turned out great!

    By Blogger j a r e d, at 12:50 PM  

  • I love this sweater. It's beatiful. I made a similiar one for my daughter. I would like to make a couple more for my friends who are pregnant. Where could I get the pattern? I lost mine.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:15 AM  

  • Hi!
    I am in the midst of knitting this lovely sweater... however, I am stumped with the directions. I am at the part where the sleeves have begun... I just worked 25 sts...then it says to work back and forth next 28 but to add 7???? Please help? I've visited 2 shops to no avail for help:)

    Your yarn is gorgeous,
    Kelly
    kelly.valdmanis@yahoo.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:26 PM  

  • Please help! My Mom is trying find this pattern and has given me the task of finding it for her since the Knitters Almanac does not have it - if you don't mind, would you please share it with me. Your sweater is amazing and I love the colour btw :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 PM  

  • I have been looking for this pattern.The liberarys around cannot fine the vouge pattern. Coould you please help me or where else can i get the pattern?My e mail is sewinsal5@gmail.com. I would appericate it very much. Thank you Sally

    By Anonymous Sally, at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home