Zimmermania

Friday, November 03, 2006

My first EZ sweater


This may be my first EZ sweater....but it's definately not my last!! I really loved the freedom of making it without a pattern, and love the way that it turned out.
The yarn was Katia Himalaya. I did have to undo some of the body as I thought it needed some waist shaping...I'm really glad that I did though, coz it feels, and looks, heaps better now. The edging was just finished off with some crocheted chains anchored to the body with a slip stitch...the edges are curling a bit, but I was more eager to take a photo of it, than I was to block it.....Love the knitting, don't love the finishing!
There's a closer neckline piccy on my blog
Linda :-D

9 Comments:

  • This is beautiful. The shaping really looks great. I love the neck detail.
    Peace and Yarn

    By Blogger Annie in the Round, at 3:07 PM  

  • That is beautiful! Love the detail around the neck, and hems of the sweater and sleeve. Fantastic job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:56 PM  

  • I'm always a sucker for red, but I'm completely blown away by this sweater. Gorgeous! I love the photo in the room with the purple walls, too - what a great effect. That crocheted neckline is brilliant.

    By Blogger Kate A., at 5:56 PM  

  • Linda, It's beautiful! I love it and the way it looks. Great job!

    By Blogger Donna, at 12:25 PM  

  • Love that! And love how it looks against the purple walls!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:43 PM  

  • What a beautiful sweater!!! Congratulations!

    By Blogger miastick, at 1:08 PM  

  • I love the simplicity of it and the colour is phenomenal, I'm jealous!

    By Blogger fibersnob, at 2:14 PM  

  • this sweater is sexy!!! i want one lol

    By Blogger Ashley, at 9:17 PM  

  • beautiful work! i love the trim... it's lovely and elegant.

    By Blogger amisha, at 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home