Zimmermania

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Thank You

Thank you all so much for your nice comments on my epaulet sweater. It has been a busy week and I have not had the chance to send personal emails, so here is public thank you to everyone!!

Many of you asked about the yarn I used. It is a bit of a story. Quite some years ago I bought a lovely handknit sweater. The label was brief -- handknit in New Zealand. It was all done in garter stitch and had batwing sleeves. You know where this is going. It was in style for a while, then I decided it was time to rip. The wool feels like a wool mohair blend, it is lovely and warm on these cold fall days. I really liked the play of colours. Too good to waste, so the skeins sat in my stash waiting for a new life. The epaulet sweater seemed like the ideal choice, and since the pattern is top down, I figured I could add borders or cuffs if I ran out of wool. Would you believe I finished the sweater with only meters to spare.

Another epaulet sweater is currently in the works, this time in Fleece Artist and alpaca. This is a fabulous design and open to interpretation. And now I know how the pattern works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home