Zimmermania

Saturday, November 11, 2006

My Norwegian Mittens

I've just started these and am enjoying them so much! I've got the cuffs done and have started on the hand. I'm doing the "Winter Spruce" pattern in honor of EZ. She notes in her Knitting Around that the WS is her own pattern and not a traditional Scandinavian design -- but I thought snowflakes on the hand (and the cuff) would be a bit much.

You'll notice I'm doing these on circs, both mittens at a time -- this way I'll make sure I get the thumbs positioned properly, etc. And I won't have the "oops, they don't match" syndrome! The wool was from my stash -- old Bernat "Cameo" -- a very soft wool that is in teal, burgundy and cream.....

2 Comments:

  • Smart girl. Now you won't have a confusingly larger right mitten than the left.
    They're looking lovely!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 PM  

  • Oooh, those are nice. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    By Blogger LMB Knits, at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home