Zimmermania

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Ribwarmer Done!




Thanks to knitorious for letting me know that I (sound of hand repeatedly slapping forehead) orginally *slap* sewed *slap* the fronts together *slap* instead of the back, hence the dreaded "pooching".
I love it; just the thing for throwing on over pjs or under a coat. Made from 100% aran weight wool, edged in Cascade 220 black -- two rows of 3 stitch I-Cord. I may sew on a button with a loop, or a pewter clasp, or just leave it as is. And I'd definitely make one again.

7 Comments:

  • Looks fabulous. So glad you figured out the reason for the pooching and were able to fix it!

    By Blogger Kelley, at 4:03 PM  

  • where is the pattern? Is it hard? I am a "beginner..."

    By Blogger kate, at 5:19 PM  

  • You did a lovely job!! I have this on my list of 2-do projects and am really looking forward to doing it. Any hints/tips?
    TFS!

    By Blogger tweezle, at 6:50 PM  

  • It's in "Knitting Workshop", but also available (slightly modified I understand)from Schoolhouse Press individually as an issue of "Spun Out." Only tips are -- don't sew it together backwards! hee hee.

    Actually, I like longer vests, so I might add a few rows before shaping next time, but it was a breeze to knit. A friend in my knitting group is doing one in mauve; I can't wait to see it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 AM  

  • What happened to the picture?!
    I want to see the picture of what y'all talking about!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM  

  • I can't see the picture either!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 PM  

  • Shoot! I don't know why there's no photo! I just switched over to the new blogger ... but it did show up on my website: www.knittingjones.blogspot.com

    By Blogger KnittingJones, at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home