Zimmermania

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

3-Cornered Shawl

Hello!! I joined a few days ago, and have been having a great time looking at everyone's work! To say I'm excited to find a group that concentrates on EZ's patterns is an understatement. I only found Elizabeth 4 years ago, and since then, my attitude towards knitting has changed.

I made the 3-Cornered Shawl out of unspun icelandic wool, and the shawl was amazing. It was light and fluffy, and oh so warm. I had made it for myself, but when I was visiting my MIL, she was chilled and said she really needs to get a small throw to put over her shoulders. She received the shawl for Christmas and just loves it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Very pretty! I've been thinking of making a triangle shawl for myself for snuggling up on the couch. (An afghan is a little too bulky and gets in the way when I'm knitting :-) Which EZ book did this come from? I'm still working on going through the books (still waiting for some to come through on interlibrary loan), and I don't recall seeing this shawl in the books I've seen so far.

    By Blogger Kelley, at 7:28 AM  

  • Lucky woman!

    By Blogger Kyra, at 7:46 AM  

  • I just purchased this Spin Out pattern from Schoolhouse Press, and have wanted to try one of the shawls. I'll bet the yarn you used made it even more lovely. Thanks for the inspiration!

    By Blogger MJ, at 8:01 AM  

  • Thank you so much for the lovely comments! Kelly, the pattern came from Spun Out #37 and can be found here:
    http://www.schoolhousepress.com/spunout.htm
    MJ - you're right! The yarn was incredible. I see there are new colors at School House Press. One of these days I'll make another for myself.

    By Blogger tweezle, at 4:52 AM  

  • Lovely! May I ask how many cakes of the unspun Icelandic it required? I may have leftovers from my Rorschach sweater...

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home