Zimmermania

Monday, February 05, 2007

My first BSJ, and my first post

I know it's sacrilege, but I decided to use some of my older acrylic stash yarn to make my first baby surprise jacket. I would have prefered to use a nicer wool, but the recipient is baby #5 under age 6, so very-easy-care is a necessity and I really like the colors in this yarn. I just finished row 25 and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it's turning out!! I'm super excited to see the finished product and find the perfect buttons. If anyone has suggestions as to where I should search for buttons, let me know!!

So here it is so far:



and a little close-up:


Once I finish this one, I plan to find some good hand dyed wool yarn to use for a second one!

Stacee

2 Comments:

  • Try http://www.mjtrim.com/catalog/category.aspx?category=Buttons

    Also, Tender Buttons on East 62nd Street in NYC. Can't find a website, but it's a great store.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 AM  

  • Very pretty colorway! Can't wait to see the finished jacket.

    By Blogger Kelley, at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home