Zimmermania

Saturday, February 03, 2007

mmmmm, hybrid



i am finally posting to this site as i finally have something to show. i have been watching the progress of various hybrid sweaters developing on this site, no doubt inspired by this. just a little shout out to brooklyntweed and his mastery of knitting and photography. what a gem. anyway, my hybrid is for the husband in thanks for his patience with my endless knitting. this project has developed quickly once on the needles, the soothing rounds of stockinette worth the slight ache in my wrists. i have a body and sleeve completed in about a week, record time for me. i do have the benefit of bedrest on my side. yes, i said benefit. who knew how much progress could be made on projects when all you really can do is knit? i chose the tweedy look with some soft brown berooco i had lying around for the hems. i really love the invisible cast on for hems, i find the prospect of casting on and knitting provisional yarn to be much less appealing. my first project ever was this in the suggested yarn. luxurious but impractical considering we live in southern california. the only place my husband has been able to comfortably shoulder its bulk has been in the high sierras. i do hope this item gets a little more play. never a flashy man, he likes simple lines and the shoulder saddles seem to lend the piece a clean and stylish look. hope the saddles go well, deciphering it as i go, that is the current plan. i will come here for help if necessary. hope all is well for all in the land of zimmermania. knit on.

2 Comments:

  • What lovely blog you have and the yarn you've chosen is perfect.

    I'm sending all my good wishes for beautiful twins and more great knitting!

    Pat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:56 PM  

  • I really love the yarn you chose! Hopefully you'll be able to post pics of the finished project soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home