Zimmermania

Monday, February 05, 2007

Fair Isle Vest



Fair Isle Vest

Hello to you all. I just officially joined Zimmermania today; however, I’ve been lurking around the site for a few months now. My goal was to have a finished garment to post about before I signed up and finally I do. This Fair Isle Vest was knitted for my husband. He finally gave me his blessing to knit him something. I used A Fair Isle Vest Video and Sweaters From Camp both by Meg Swansen as my tools to guide me. Of course, both used EZ EPS system. I found the video helpful for planning, designing, and overall understanding of Fair Isle knitting. The book was helpful to me for color and pattern inspiration. This vest was my 2nd attempt at Fair Isle. For those of you who may be hesitant about Fair Isle and the whole steeking process don’t be. It is a lot of fun.


5 Comments:

  • Beautiful colors. Great job on the vest.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 PM  

  • Excellent job. Is this the first time for you to do a project requiring steeks?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 AM  

  • Anonymous,

    This project was my second attempt at steeking. In both instances, I had no problems.

    By Blogger Crystal, at 7:24 AM  

  • Gorgeous work! I love the colors.

    By Blogger Kelley, at 7:24 AM  

  • lovely vest. so retro.

    By Blogger knititch, at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home