Zimmermania

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Seamless Yoke and A Very Warm Hat

Hi Everyone! I'm new here and very excited to have officially joined. I've been knitting on and off for a few years and I used to be very frustrated with knitting sweaters, so I never finished them ;-( However, I just discovered EZ a few months ago and last month I successfully knit my very first seamless yoke sweater using Morehouse Merino 3-ply worsted yarn. I LOVE this sweater!



Also, we've had a very frosty week here in Wisconsin, so I was happy to knit my hubby one of EZ's very warm hats just in time. I used Cascade 220 and also Classic Elite's Waterlily. Incidentally, his favorite colors are blue and orange, can you tell? Now that he's used it in the subzero weather, he tells me that it is, indeed, a very warm hat.




Looking forward to everyone's posts and also to posting more of my EZ knitting... I'm hooked!

8 Comments:

  • Beautiful!! And inspiring. I've just embarked on a seamless yoke sweater using Morehouse Farms 2 ply, so I'm very happy to see your gorgeous sweater. The hat's great too .. I'm going to have to add that to my list. Thanks for the photos and inspiration!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:44 PM  

  • WOW! The sweater and the hat are both so lovely. You did a really beautiful job.

    By Blogger earthchick, at 6:53 PM  

  • Love the colors you chose for both projects - you have a good eye!

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 8:15 PM  

  • Those are very beautiful! The colors are so nice.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 PM  

  • I need that hat! It is splendid. The sweater, too. I have been AWOL from Zimmermania and need to get back to EZ. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:32 AM  

  • Awesome hat. I bought the book just to make that pattern, can't wait to get moving on it, but have several other projects on the needles at the moment.

    By Blogger Nonna Rose, at 12:31 PM  

  • Wow! BEAUTIFUL work and color choices.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:16 PM  

  • that is just a beutiful sweater! the more yokes i see, the more i want to jump on that pattern! great piece!

    By Blogger mames, at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home