Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Baby Surprise Jacket

Hi! I have been lurking, reading your posts. I have long wanted to do a baby surprise jacket, but its amoeba shape confused me. After reading suggestions from you who have posted on this pattern, I went ahead and tried it. It worked! This is done in Louet washable wool. (More on my blog.)

I have tried to utilize all your comments. One suggestion that I will add that I think is new: Since the garment is done entirely in garter stitch, I suggest that you put a marker on both ends of the knitting needle on the RIGHT side. Putting a marker on each end will save you time as the sweater gets bigger, so you won't have to straighten out the twists and twirls to find your marker. I also suggest that you read Meg's comments that follow EZ's actual pattern. MS's words help to explain why the marker is smack dab between two stitches that are to be knit together. And finally - I eventually had to suspend disbelief and second-guessing...and trust EZ.

Thank you for your help! I am going to make this pattern again!

Labels: ,


  • with time you will understand the design better and better. there will be no surprise so to speak. and you will not really need the markers. markers is a very new thing to me. i always used to make my own designs or use danish knitting patterns as i am danish so when i knit my first american pattern i had no idea about what a marker even was. every single bsj is a cutie. i am in love with this design.

    By Blogger knititch, at 2:18 PM  

  • You did a lovely job! Thank you for the hint - I'll certainly make note of it.

    By Blogger tweezle, at 5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home