Zimmermania

Friday, February 09, 2007

more longies


i made these for my 10yo dd. she is very happy with them, wearing them most every day. they are especcially good for ice skating, which is where she is right now. :-)

i enjoy making these because there is so much soothing stocking stitch in them.

i did have to frog rather severely after the short rows for waist/hip shaping. these were designed for ladies. being me, i just blindly followed ez's directions, even though she does footnote them, saying "adjust as needed."

i ended up with a severely tilted waist, in that the back sat high on her waist, which we liked; but the front sat at the bikini underwear line. didn't like that; looked funny. so i frogged all the way back to the short rows, taking quite a few of them out, too. we're both happy w/them now!


the pith:

pattern: from _the opinionated knitter_

yarn: nature spun by brown sheep co.

needles: sz 5
gauge: 5.5 spi

3 Comments:

  • Those are great! I've always wanted to do that pattern. I think I'll spin up some nice soft stuff and do a pair for myself.

    By Blogger Teri, at 12:07 PM  

  • i think i need some ... i have been wearing my ballet allinone body warmers all week (i keep the heat at 58 day and 55 night)... and its been in the teens here and barely 20 daytime.

    By Blogger southern gal, at 5:16 PM  

  • Lovely--both the leggings and the daughter. They fit her perfectly! You posted some in gray for your little girl recently, too, didn't you? You have two gorgeous and photogenic children. I'm knitting my first pair of these longies for my friend's baby. They've been nearly finished for a month or so but I somehow made two legs that don't match at all, so I have to decide which one to frog and which to match. These are such useful garments, a fun design, and look so much more attractive on the person than you'd expect them to. Congrats!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home