Zimmermania

Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Ribwarmer

I started this at Camp 2 last month. It has been an interesting knit. I have poured over EZ's directions in Knitting Workshop, the Spun Out from Schoolhouse Press and a Knitter's article. Typical of EZ, she made me think while knitting this one, wondering just where it was going at every turn. It has been sitting for a couple of weeks now, waiting for the final touches on it.


I'll make another one but not just right away, using the Spun Out directions and not sewing up the center back but knitting it as one piece. For now, I'm glad to be finished with it. And I really liked knitting with the two strands of Unspun Icelandic, it just is not any fun to try and sew up with it!

3 Comments:

  • it is a very ingenious pattern and you are such a lucky girl. i wish i had been to camp.

    By Blogger knititch, at 11:20 AM  

  • Your ribwarmer looks great! Looking on the web at various ribwarmers, it seems that they either turn out snug and compact or long and droopy. I think your snug and compact one looks the most warm and stylish. Congratulations on such an nice Finished Object! One question: how much yardage do you think you used?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 PM  

  • Pamela -

    I had two wheels going at the same time. I used both of them and then maybe 1/3 of each of two more wheels. It was Meg's Unspun Icelandic.

    By Blogger Penny, at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home