Zimmermania

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Very Warm Ganomy

Nothing like taking 2 brilliant patterns and putting them together. I like to call it the Very Warm Ganomy from Knitter's Almanac and the Opinionated Knitter.

The outside is barely spun Icelandic Lopi, the inside is a double strand of Silky Wool. Knitted on sz. 10 / 6mm needles. Extremely warm hat.

I cast on with the brown, knit one round, purled one round and started the Ganomy shaping. When the brown hat was complete I picked up the cast-on row with pink and knitted another ganomy going the opposite direction.

Ok, so no one really needs a double layer hat in the middle of summer, but it never hurts to be prepared!

11 Comments:

  • so cute! I will definitely be making this!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 AM  

  • What a clever idea, and what a brave little model to put on a very warm hat on a summer day!

    By Blogger MoMo, at 6:06 AM  

  • Love the lining, it's a wonderful color combination :)

    By Blogger Kent of Kent, at 7:17 AM  

  • I wish I were brave enough to try this! Great work!!

    By Blogger Zel, The Grimm Witch, at 7:34 AM  

  • This is wonderful! And would be warm enough for even the January Canadian winter! Thanks to the young model. I'd never seen this pattern on a head, and now I know I want to make it! samm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 AM  

  • Prepare indeed! Here in New England the cool winds of autumn will be blowing in a few weeks. What a perfect little hat to welcome the cooler weather.

    How many stitches did you cast on?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 AM  

  • Love the hat, love the idea, and love the t-shirt!

    Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams!

    Ruth

    By Blogger datatech57, at 11:17 AM  

  • Thank you all!
    Anon- I cast on 80 sts as in the Ganomy pattern.
    Also- it's really thick so make it big!!!

    Ruth- Thank you. I recently lost an aunt to breast cancer. My sons and I did Race for the Cure last fall. My 4 year-old (pictured) describes it as "the big walk to help ladies with sick boobs"
    Fight on!!

    Peggy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 PM  

  • peggy,

    very cool hat! love the model. i really enjoy your work. thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger the nifty needler, at 3:07 PM  

  • I love it! I want to make one!

    By Blogger Rani, at 3:12 PM  

  • OH I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! I'm off to see if I can find you on Ravelry!!

    By Blogger Rani, at 5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home