Zimmermania

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Tomten in Handspun

I made this Tomten from yarn spun by my friend Lisa, for my baby that's coming in November. We're not finding out if it's a boy or a girl, and I love the way bright colors like this orange look on babies. The yarn is very, very soft, I think wool with some mohair. I've made the Tomten several times, and it's come out better when I've used different yarn, but since this was the first knitted item I made for my baby, s/he will wear it with pride!

This is my first post and I'm excited to be here--80% of the time I'm knitting some EZ concoction.

5 Comments:

  • Your baby will be beautifully warm!

    By Blogger Lauren, at 8:13 AM  

  • This tomten is SO cute!! Love that beautiful fiber--the texture and color--will cuddle baby! Gorgeous piece!
    :)

    By Blogger Pooch, at 10:14 AM  

  • Thanks!!! I think my baby will like it :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 AM  

  • Really really nice! I think your
    baby will look like a real tomten
    in it. It looks so real somehow.
    Nice job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:06 PM  

  • Very nice - that orange will look very modern for a baby!

    By Blogger Ellen, at 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home