Zimmermania

Saturday, August 04, 2007

leprechaurn tomten








here is my latest ez product. a green tomten. one could call it a leprechaurn tomten i suppose. it is knit of rowanspun aran in the shade hardy. i have had issues with the colour but decided to finish it anyway. i have learned a lot of new techniques like applied i-cord, slip stitches on the sleeves, garter stitch weaving (oh great fun) and of course bobbles. i have knit up the sleeves from the underarm. this is something meg suggests in the opinionated knitter (the technique is the same you use for the saddle of the seamless hybrid) and i like that much better than binding off and sewing the underarm.

7 Comments:

  • What a beautiful sweater. Your pictures are some of the best I've seen for showing the knitted details. I've just started the hood of my first Tomten, and your pix help me visualize what is coming. Thanks for posting this.

    I also love the bobble effect!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 PM  

  • That is the coolest childrens Tomten I've seen so far!

    By Blogger Elena, at 12:23 PM  

  • An awesome garment!

    By Blogger Zel, The Grimm Witch, at 9:23 PM  

  • oh wow, that is gorgeous! I love the yarn and those bobbles!

    By Blogger picperfic, at 5:28 AM  

  • Love the bobbles! And the color!

    By Blogger Jen, at 11:22 AM  

  • This is my favorite! I absolutely LOVE the color. I have yet to knit one, but the temptation has grown!

    By Blogger Rani, at 6:29 AM  

  • Very cute! I love the bobbles. EZ would be proud.

    By Blogger Sheila, at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home