Zimmermania

Sunday, August 12, 2007

a finished story about norwegian sweaters



i set out to make a trio of norwegian sweaters for my two great nephew age 3 and 1 and my great niece age 1. and i made just before work starts again tomorrow. argh.
the green and brown raglan is based on ez's recipe for a raglan and the patterns from books by vibeke lind and annichen sibbern bøhn (please join my contest over at my blog. i have certainly learned a lot of new techniques which is my principle. i learned the crochet steek and with the green and brown sweater jogless stripes. that works wonders.
the sweater is made out of rowanspun dk in the colours catkin and thor. the 3 year old didn't not want to try it on. no way. but there were lots of people at today's party (perfect strangers) who asked me to knit for them. and i will. i they will clean my house for as many hours.

11 Comments:

  • If only someone would trade me housework time for knitting time my husband would be a happy man. Fab sweaters, can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 PM  

  • beautiful sweaters! I adore your quip about housework, that should dissuade sweater orders fast.

    By Blogger Lara 900, at 3:20 PM  

  • Lovely little sweaters. And who is the model in the blue/grey one?

    By Blogger Carla, at 7:50 PM  

  • Beautiful work, as always!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 PM  

  • Wow, they came out beautifully.

    By Blogger fibersnob, at 6:33 AM  

  • Wow! Housework for knitting!!! I think I will never vacuum again! The sweaters are gorgeous. And the little boy is too. :O) Beautiful knitting! samm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 AM  

  • Very clever way to discourage askings.

    The grey and green is lovely.

    By Blogger Elysbeth, at 5:35 PM  

  • Great sweater, and the baby is beautiful!

    By Blogger Goce, at 1:20 AM  

  • Gorgeous baby and sweaters, too.

    By Blogger writeknit, at 9:13 PM  

  • It's sooooo beautiful!!!
    Jana

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 AM  

  • Such glorious sweaters. I sympathize with the three-year-old modeling, having tried to get my little cousin into his new sweater with no luck. Five hours later, he was hot to try it on, and he hasn't stopped talking about it since. ;)

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home