Zimmermania

Friday, March 30, 2007

Seamless Raglan Progress



I've been knitting away, and it's beginning to look like a sweater--finally! (See original post here.)

I still have my doubts about how it will turn out. I'm still not sure the yarn will hold out, so I may have to make a last-minute Internet purchase to complete the project. Also, I'm not at all sure that I can graft these underarms neatly and make them look like anything that resembles decent:



I must have stretched things a lot when I joined the body and sleeves, because I've got some wonky, huge stitches on the ends of these underarm sections. I'm hoping that blocking will work miracles on the armpits (and make the decrease stitches look more even)!

We shall see . . .

--Kelley

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Don't despair, the stitches will even out once you get them onto needles. I usually pick up one stitch from each end of the stiches to be grafted and graft them in. That takes care of a lot, and then you leave your cut off tail long to "neaten up" any problems. It will look a lot nicer than you think it will. Remember: it's an underarm, not the sweater front! :)

    By Blogger becky c., at 6:44 AM  

  • why not put the stitches on to two needles and use kitchener stitch? I love this method of joining stitches. Your jumper looks lovely, makes me want to make one now!

    By Blogger picperfic, at 11:39 AM  

  • It may help to twist the stitches as you are picking them up on the needle before you start to weave them together. That should make them a bit tighter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:36 PM  

  • picperfic--Yep, I'm planning on kitchenering the underarm seams. I'm just not confident that they'll look decent once I'm finished. Glad you think the sweater looks good. I think my judgment is blurred by the melodrama I've encountered in the knitting of it. (grin)

    Becky C. and anonymous-- I appreciate the tips and encouragement!

    Kelley

    By Blogger Kelley, at 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home