Zimmermania

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Fair Isle Finished

I finished my first fair isle sweater and I'm very pleased with it.



I started knitting it at my lunch hour and then worked on it at home so it didn't take very long to knit. I loved seeing how the colour patterning would look outside of my head and it was a great way to use of half skeins from my stash. Since this sweater was in a larger size I did the four decreases noted in the Opinionated Knitter.



I think I may not have carried the yarn as loosely as I should when I began the fair isle but overall I'm happy with this sweater and will definitely knit another one or two.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • Very pretty! Nice color choices :o)

    By Blogger Renee, at 4:36 AM  

  • Fabulous job! Good on ya!

    By Blogger Ali P, at 5:23 AM  

  • It's tough to get the tension just right - it looks like you did a really nice job! I especially like the detail of the little stripes at the cuff. I had hoped to repeat part of the pattern on the cuffs of mine, but I'm not sure I have enough yarn - this is a nice solution!

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 8:26 AM  

  • It turned out beautiful!

    By Blogger tiennieknits, at 1:57 PM  

  • Great sweater - I love the colors you chose.

    By Blogger becky c., at 4:18 PM  

  • Hoooooray! Wow. Well done!

    By Blogger knittingjuju, at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home