Zimmermania

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Progress: slowly but surely


I have sewn the shoulders on my first ever sweater and am ready for the sleeves and neck!! I never would have done this if not for learning about EZ from Franklin Habit's essay on CastOn. EZ has changed my life in a very knitterish way. Sizing was based on EZ's methods and the sweater is adapted from the Weasley sweater on Sweaterscapes (I mentioned that before I know). I am so excited to have something thats looking more and more like an actual garment. Best of all? Its actually going to fit my son, who is almost 10 (ok..too big but it is going to be worn even longer that way!!;oP). Also, you all keep me inspired to do even more projects after this..my copy of Knitting Around is in the mail I hear. I check the mail box every day, nearly prancing with impatience!! LOL

3 Comments:

  • oh the first sweater or knitted garment. what a journey you have embarked on. i think i did my first at twelve and i was very proud and happy. and i still am some 35 years later.

    By Blogger knititch, at 1:59 PM  

  • It looks great. You should def be proud of yourself. I only discovered EZ last year myself and that is when I did my first sweater. I am know an addict.

    Knit on

    casey

    By Blogger Minnesota Mazzio's, at 8:22 PM  

  • it looks great.. at the present time am working on my very first EZ sweater

    By Blogger Marisol, at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home