Zimmermania

Monday, March 05, 2007

My First BSJ

Ever since the Christmas before last I had been hankering after making one of these clever jackets. I went to a local Fayre and a lady selling her knitting projects had one of these BSJ's on her stall but it was left without the seams sewn up and she was obviously enjoying people trying to put the thing together. We had a good old chinwag and she told me about EZ but I really didn't pay enough attention and I left without writing down any details. Then after visiting many knit blogs out there in the WWW I started to find references to this amazing lady and I haven't looked back since I purchased the Opinionated Knitter and Knitting Without Tears.
I am reading these books as a novel, and now I am hankering after her other books....I'm sure it won't be too long before I have the whole set....

Anyway...here is my first EZ bit of knitting, you can see more details over on my blog...I have also made my partner the woodsman's Socks but I'll save them for when I have managed to get a photo of them, he has them on right now!

9 Comments:

  • I like those colors!

    By Blogger becky c., at 10:47 AM  

  • Lovely color choice- great job!

    By Blogger miastick, at 11:06 AM  

  • Beautiful!!! can't wait to knit one..if i only could have a copy of that EZ book

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 AM  

  • For the socks - take a picture of them on his feet!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 PM  

  • Nicely done! I'm on the increase rows of my first attempt, I should have it done in a few weeks. I'm worried that my subtly marled color blend yarn is making the stripes too muted. I'll reserve judgment til its done.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 PM  

  • Beautiful! your sense of colors is outstanding. Lucky baby!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 PM  

  • thank you :^) I simply put some balls of wool toagether, all the same stuff and striped it willy nilly...it works! I am itchy to knit a more feminine version now!

    By Blogger picperfic, at 1:57 AM  

  • Really really beautiful!

    By Blogger Elena, at 5:21 AM  

  • this is great, I like it very much. The color is beautiful!

    By Blogger Goce, at 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home