Zimmermania

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ribbit

Ouch.

I was chugging along nicely on the Practically Seamless Baby Sweater from the KA when I realized I had messed up somewhere... I CAN'T figure out where!!! :-( I don't even know where to frog back to, assuming I had the courage to do so.

So I'm doing the mature thing and putting the whole sweater aside. To be frogged at a later date. Who said avoidance isn't a good policy?! :-)

For grins, here's what I had before I messed up:



Frogging is probably for the best. I'll also be frogging a project I had been using Rowan Wool Cotton on, so I think I'll soon be making an adjusted-to-be-larger version of the Feb sweater using Wool Cotton for my 3 year old daughter.

I hope. :-) I'd love any advice on how to make this bigger while keeping the same gauge called for in the pattern +/-... Thanks!

5 Comments:

  • What's the mistake? It looks the same as mine did at that point.

    By Blogger Kate, at 4:51 PM  

  • The mistake happened after that point... Somehow I ended up with the right number of stitches but the pattern wasn't lining up and I can't figure out where/how to fix it, nor can I live with the non-lining-up of the gull stitch.

    By Blogger knitting elephant, at 5:18 PM  

  • Oooooh... I did that once so badly I frogged back to the yoke. I was so mad at myself.

    By Blogger Kate, at 6:05 PM  

  • Your sweater is beautiful so far. I made this sweater awhile back and recall that somewhere near the armhole space you had to add seven extra stitches on each end of the back section. I couldn't tell from you photograph if you had done that. Perhaps that's why the pattern doesn't match up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:09 AM  

  • If you want to make it bigger, just cast on more stitches and keep the same rate of increasing. I would suggest figuring out what proportion you want to increase -- twice as big? one-and-a-half times as big? -- and calculating the numbers using that multiplier, then adjusting to make sure the stitch count will accomodate the gull stitch.

    I find with this stitch that the best way to find mistakes is to trace the center lines of the repeats. There's one stitch that runs down the middle of the yos and decs, and it's the easiest thing to trace through all the rows because it should be consistently in the same place. The mistake I make most frequently with this one is forgetting a decrease and moving straight on to the next rep; also, sometimes I forget a yo, or add a single knit stitch somewhere.

    By Blogger Eva, at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home