Zimmermania

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

scandinavian tomten in progress.


here is my 2nd tomten in progress. my little friend alba is getting baptized (???) next month and the young mother thought a white tomten would be the loveliest thing to be christened in. it is worsted weight merino wool and the edgings are going to be a very fluffy white angora. i am going to buy some very cute buttons and maybe add a knitted flower or some leaves on an i-cord to the hood. very different from the tomten she uses every day in brown rowanspun. but a girl deserves nice clothes to dress up to the occasion. no matter if she is 46 like me or 6 months like alba.
the bowl is made by alba's papa of wood from trees in my favourite park in copenhagen and it is meant to keep my knitting in.....

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • My husband makes wooden bowls, too and has made me a lovely one for my yarn- I need to photograph it for my blog...lovely posting...

    By Blogger kate, at 2:28 PM  

  • I look forward to seeing your Scandinavian Tomten; the white merino edged in fluffy angora sounds lovely!...so appropriate for the baptism of a baby girl living in the land of the Northern Lights.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 PM  

  • What an honor to be asked to knit a baptismal garment! Better check, it might need to be pure white for the ceremony, maybe you could add the flowers later. It all sounds so pretty.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:05 AM  

  • The bowl is gorgeous. And I bet that the tomten will be too. I hope that you will be able to post one or two photos.

    By Blogger Filambulle, at 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home