Zimmermania

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Boobs on the back of the head


I've been knitting for a few years now, off and on, and just recently discovered EZ. Can't remember how, exactly. Probably one of those mysterious web related things. You know, while looking up one thing your eye is caught by something else and you follow that link to somewhere else where there is a picture of the most alluring knit item and you follow that link and suddenly you are LOST! Somewhere along this twisty path, I encountered EZ. I promptly checked all of her books out of the library to decide which one, if any, I should buy. HA! you say. Of course I want them all.

My librarian also knits and fell in love with the Heart Hat in Knitting Workshop. She couldn't get it to work out and neither could a knitting friend of hers. I did get it to work out but now I have a hat with boobs.

I WILL frog it if I MUST but of course am looking for a way out. My thought was, "It's a bit big for the baby I have in mind so I'll Felt It." My librarian friend said, "Steam it."

What do you say?

I'm also knitting a Tomten for an expectant baby and can't wait to see it finished! I'll share my triumphs as well as my woes. Or Whoa's, as the case may be!

5 Comments:

  • Ooh -- I love the heart hat! I haven't knitted one yet, but it's totally on my list. You don't think it will settle into a more evenly rounded shape with blocking? I wet block everything and am consistently amazed at how much shaping can occur during that process. I hope you forge ahead, b/c I really want to see what it looks like when it's finished :-)

    By Blogger Lydia, at 7:47 PM  

  • I'd assume that blocking and then having it snugly tied onto a head lol would help it smooth out.

    By Blogger Davina, at 7:27 AM  

  • That little bonnet is so darling. I'd block the bejeezus out of it, with steam or water, but careful not to stretch it out too much. Of course, if it grew too much you could felt it a bit (is it all wool?) and that would probably eliminate the boobs even better.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 12:03 PM  

  • Don't worry, after steaming (and using a pressing cloth) it will flatten out just fine and no longer resemble a boustier (~_~) I finished one about three weeks ago for the Dulaan Project. I used red for the heart and Icord edging, and a dark royal blue for the brim. It is a wonderful hat. Dulaan hats must be extra warm, so I used double strands of Elann's Peruvian Highland wool. Mine fits a 3 to 9 year old. I'd post a picture, but I am not sure how to do that. Ann

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 PM  

  • Thanks for this post--it made me laugh out loud! It's great you can have a sense of humor about it. I know it doesn't feel funny at the time...

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home