Zimmermania

Friday, March 02, 2007

Fair Isle Yoke



I bought The Opinionated Knitter as soon as it was published and put the Fair Isle Yoke sweater on my must-knit list right away, but I didn't get to it until last month. I used Nature Spun wool and substituted another EZ Fair Isle pattern for the center strip of the yoke to better suit my gauge. (My sweater is bigger than EZ's original, so the yoke is deeper) I used the alternate decrease rows option that Meg suggests in the book and added short rows three times to lengthen the back. I'm thrilled with the final outcome, and I'm sure I'll knit another one of these someday.
Becky C.

Labels:

12 Comments:

  • Beautiful and very inspiring!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:00 PM  

  • Your sweater is lovely; I like the deeper yoke of color patterns very much.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:56 PM  

  • gorgeous!
    it fits so well and the colorwork is lovely.

    By Blogger KnittyLynn, at 5:24 PM  

  • it is so pretty... Thanks for sharing
    Casey

    By Blogger Minnesota Mazzio's, at 6:48 PM  

  • That's one gorgeous yoke- from which book or pattern did you get it? I am searching for the "right" yoke, and this seems to be the one.

    By Blogger miastick, at 2:36 AM  

  • Spectacular!

    By Blogger Ali P, at 6:54 AM  

  • Gorgeous. Fair Isle is intimidating to me...especially when I see something so beautiful as this. Congratulations!

    By Blogger Taoknitter, at 7:33 AM  

  • Mia- The pattern is in The Opinionated Knitter, the collection of EZ's newsletters from 1958-1968. I changed it a little to make my yoke deeper. Instead of pattern B, I substituted pattern #8 of the graphs for color knitting (pg.22 of the same book) Hope to see your version soon!

    By Blogger becky c., at 9:34 AM  

  • Very impressive! I would love to attempt such a project...someday. Thanks for sharing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:00 AM  

  • Lovely! I've been wanting to make this one out of the yarn I dyed last fall with natural dyestuffs. It's all skeined up and waiting for me - now that I've seen yours I'm really itching to cast on!

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 10:42 AM  

  • What a beautiful sweater. I especially like the colors you chose.

    By Blogger Ruth, at 4:33 AM  

  • Thanks, Becky! I will check the internet for that book, I don't have it yet.

    By Blogger miastick, at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home