Zimmermania

Sunday, February 11, 2007

First of all, thank you so much to Sarah, the moderator for this blog. I had lots of weird issues getting into this one and she was very kind to send me invite after invite. Thanks!


I can't get enough of slightly off-kilter hats, though I think they seriously embarrass those around me. The old lady in me doesn't give a hoot! This is the fabulous Ganomy hat from the Knitter's Almanac knit in the lovely Manos del Uraguay. I work at Webs and try to send everyone home with this (cheap) gem of a book. I tell them to skip two lattes, this is better. It is honestly my bedtime story. It's so oddly soothing, and funny.

I later added a huge flower:



to minimize my resemblence to a folk art Dutch girl:



I just love these increases:


There are more Ganomeys in my future but for now it's onto a pair of BSJs in Debbie Bliss Merino DK for some twins (not mine) set to arrive in March.

Thanks for looking,

Cirilia

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

  • Very cute! What yarn did you use?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 PM  

  • You do fabulous work! I'm still struggling with my first hybrid sweater.

    By Blogger Nonna Rose, at 3:15 AM  

  • Whoops, I constantly forget to include major details like which yarn I used. I edited the entry to include that =)

    By Blogger Cirilia, at 4:48 AM  

  • I, too, sometimes read the Almanac at bedtime.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 AM  

  • ...lovely knits! I want to make my first BSJ- HOW do you know what size to make it?

    By Blogger kate, at 8:24 AM  

  • What a beautiful hat. The colour looks great on you, and definitely not too old lady-ish :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 AM  

  • Glad to have you with us at last! What a nice hat that is. And I love your color choice for the BSJ.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 2:29 PM  

  • love the colors of the sweaters, they are so fun to knit. glad you made it onboard.

    By Blogger mames, at 3:13 PM  

  • Cirilia-
    Great hat. I love the flower. It is nice to see your finished projects.

    By Blogger Annie in the Round, at 5:20 PM  

  • oh yes they are fun knits. you must try out tomten as well. very cute for babies, very popular with parents. and personally i think ez's patterns are more hippieish than old ladyish. it is very clear that they were thought out in the period of time they were thought out.
    it is hard to stop using her patterns once you start using them.

    By Blogger knititch, at 5:29 PM  

  • Hooray! You got to post! Your baby surprise jacket is really sweet.

    By Blogger Huelo, at 9:25 PM  

  • What a lovely hat and it fits you so very well - I love the flower too!
    Greetings from Southern Bavaria, Maria

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home