Hybrid Sweater Disaster
I started EZ's hybrid version sweater over a month ago. I have worked on it in between several holiday gift items. This was my first EZ project and I did enjoy it, although it did not turn out as I planned. I read advice from several fellow EZ knitters, and happily figured out how to do a contrast/inside hem for the body and the sleeves of the sweater (pictured).
I joined the sleeves and started "saddling" and then disaster struck! I had my knitting sitting on the seat of an old fashion school desk. On top of the desk I had an advent wreath. Sunday (Christmas Eve) I lit the fourth candle and went about my business. A while later, I went into the family room and found that the first candle of the four had melted low and the wax dripped off the desk top and onto my knitting!
I was unsuccessful in removing the wax (even after freezing), so now my EZ hybrid sweater project is a mound of yard and two sleeves. I haven't frogged the sleeves yet. I'm thinking I may be able to resurrect them and use on a new version of a the sweater. Time will tell!
Years ago I would have cried about this "accident" however I've matured some as a knitter and now I'm able to look at it as a learning experience since my goal is to be a master knitter.
Cross post on http://knightlyknitter.blogspot.com/