Zimmermania

Friday, December 22, 2006

GAUGE!


I love to swatch! It means I can start knitting with my new yarn RIGHT AWAY and figure out what to make with it from there. I will be making a garter rib raglan pullover based on the instructions from Knitting Without Tears and help from The Sweater Workbook (Jaqueline Fee).

The yarn is Elann's Sierra Aran in the color Chestnut. This is my favorite yarn, so far. I love this stuff to distraction. I'm wearing a sweater made with it right now, in fact (top down pullover, shaped, tunic style).

Casting on for the sleeves (two at once) soon as I wash this swatch and figure my gauge.

Susan

2 Comments:

  • Thank you for the tips. I have four baby gifts to make and plan on make at least two jackets. I appreciate what you've shared. The jacket looks great on the baby.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 AM  

  • LOL! I hate swatching, so I admire you as a role model for good knitting! Lydia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home