Zimmermania

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

February Baby Sweater


I finally finished the gull pattern baby sweater! When I started I thought it would be a two week project, but it turned into months. Cascade Sierra (cotton/wool blend) is not that fun to work on my blunt addis, but when I switched to bamboo it went a lot faster. I think it turned out to be a 9 mo. size.

Yarn: Cascade Sierra--2 balls (I lost the label)
Size: 9 mo
Needles: 6

By the time I remembered to put in the buttonholes, I was too far along to go back, so I crocheted a tie at the front. I hope the mom of the new baby likes it!

12 Comments:

  • Oh my!!! that's beautiful! such a lovely, bright, cheery color too! Good work!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:29 PM  

  • So pretty! I am totally going to make one of these.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 PM  

  • Beautiful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:41 PM  

  • Beautiful! This is such a great pattern. I enjoyed making it, too. I love your crocheted closure.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:12 PM  

  • Beautiful work, and I love the cranberry red you chose. EZ would be proud of you for selecting such a bold dark color.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 3:38 PM  

  • Darling! I love the red. Babies don't wear enough red these days.

    By Blogger jess, at 7:51 PM  

  • Love the color!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 AM  

  • Great choice of color!

    By Blogger nova, at 8:49 AM  

  • Thank you for your nice comments! The mom of the baby was very happy to receive a hand-knit sweater (she's a crocheter)
    Liane

    By Blogger Liane, at 10:46 AM  

  • Love the color. Very beautiful.

    By Blogger Madame Purl, at 8:51 PM  

  • Such a beautiful color; babies look gorgeous in strong colors, I think. I can't wait to make one for my little girl!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 PM  

  • The sweater is beautiful....one I absolutely want to try! The bow is a great idea.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home