Zimmermania

Sunday, December 17, 2006

EZ Mystery Mittens


I finished these EZ Mystery Mittens last night! I quickly admit to changing the pattern that's found in Knitting Around. The first mitten I made, I followed the suggested needle size of #8 straights. What I had was a mitten for the Jolly Green Giant! OK, so I frogged. The second time I used a #4 circular for the main part of the mitten. Then, decided that I didn't need a wrist part of the mitten in garter stitch, so I created 1x1 ribbing with #3 double points. All this worked just great with the Caron Victorian Christmas yarn and the burgandy stripe is a sport weight I'd picked up several years ago while traipsing through Waupaca, WI. These won't be super warm, but very much in the holiday spirit! The next pair I make will be from my handspun and will be for the bitter Winter days that are to be sure to be coming!

2 Comments:

  • Those are very Christmas-y. I've been wanting to try the Mystery mittens, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 AM  

  • Very festive! I could see making the pattern a bit bigger and felting them down to oven-mitt size (can you tell I need a new oven mitt?). Happy Holidays!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home