Zimmermania

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Seamless Hybrid

Hello knitters,

I'm furiously knitting to try and finish this Seamless Hybrid in time for Christmas and I'm sort of stuck..... I casted on 230 stitches for the body and I'm knitting at 5 sts./inch for a 46 inch chest. My sleeves were 76 stitches at the top. I've just finished the 44 rows of my first saddle and the recipe says to knit across the remaining 43 stitches to the other side to start the other saddle. My only problem is that I have 51 stitches to get to the marker on the other side....since no percentages were included at this point in the recipe, I'm kind of lost as to how to proceed. If I just go ahead and knit across and start the other saddle, will I have a huge neck opening? Should I instead do 16 more saddle rows so I decrease 8 more stitches on the front and the back and have my 43 stitches left to get to the other side? Does this make any sense?

1 Comments:

  • Yes, I think so! I need to mull it over a little bit before I decide my plan of attack. I'm knitting at her gauge, just more stitches to make a larger size. (46 inch chest)

    By Blogger Kyra, at 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home