Zimmermania

Monday, December 18, 2006

Falling at first hurdle??

I have started a pair of norwegian mitts tonight using the pattern in knitting around. However I seem to have a problem. I cast on the 56 sts and began by using the cuff pattern in the book and simply repeating it four times, however where the round meets the pattern doesnt meet up.

here is the error
















and here is how I expected it to look (this is at the halfway point of the round)

















I am not eniterly sure how to fix this so could anybody who has any advice or has made these please help? Its the winter spruce mitts.

Cairi

7 Comments:

  • Ah... "the jog".

    In the words of the YarnHarlot herself: "Try an Internet search on "jogless jog" for more information."

    There are a few ways of doing it - do a practice swatch to test which one is going to work for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 AM  

  • Somewhere in one of Meg Swansen's books there is instuction on eliminating the jog....you will basically need to think ahead and stagger the start to your round in the background stitches before the pattern stitch begins so that the pattern stitches in a given round fall in the same row of stitches. Hope that makes sense.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 AM  

  • Somewhere in one of Meg Swansen's books there is instuction on eliminating the jog....you will basically need to think ahead and stagger the start to your round in the background stitches before the pattern stitch begins so that the pattern stitches in a given round fall in the same row of stitches. Hope that makes sense.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 AM  

  • thanks a friend has just suggested this so I better get reading!!! wish me luck ;)

    By Blogger Lothlorian, at 10:39 AM  

  • That is really pretty so far! Love the colors together

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 PM  

  • Sometimes, you just have to accept The Jog. Almost a fact of life in colour knitting and I've never been bothered to fix it. The Jog says, I'm hand made!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 PM  

  • The design is really so good :)

    I'm not perfect but my mum is master in it.

    My mum really wanna see your face :)

    By Blogger AnnaHayward, at 5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home