Zimmermania

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Detail of Hawser

Jen asked for some detail pictures of the Hawser motif and the neckline. I'm totally more than happy to oblige. I had a question also on how I did the collar - in this first picture after the motif is done you can see I started to knit the collar - from shoulder to shoulder I started right in with short rows after one row around to build up the back of the collar- back and forth 3x - for 6 stitches Also I should mention the dyed portion is the same handspun, I just tossed some skeins into a dye pot. I used a light blue, a medium blue, and a dark blue - which I cooked the heck out of and turned green - whoops - it worked so I didn't change it.


In the second picture it is showing the collar and button bands complete. Hope this helps and what you were thinking of when you asked for close up of detail.
Happy Knitting

~Madame Purl

1 Comments:

  • Beautiful! I love the green with the blues.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home