Zimmermania

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Maltese Fisherman's Hat

Maltese Fisherman's Hat from Knitter's Almanac
























This was a fast and fun knit! It's actually for my BF. He says he'll really appreciate the earflaps and lengthened back of the neck bit when winter hits.

Mods: More rapid decreasing for rounded top of head. Basically did the decreases as written, but when it should've been [p2tog k8], I did [p2tog k3] around, and kept decreasing with the smaller increments.
I was getting some gaps in the earflaps where I was turning the rows, so I wrapped them.
I also knitted more rounds to make a deeper hat.

Yarn: Morehouse Merino Bulky - a little less than 1 skein. Got the correct gauge with sz 10.5 needles.

I love seeing everyone's knits on this KAL! Sometimes it's hard for me to visualize how some of these things will turn out just by looking at the books, and it really helps me to see what everyone is doing! Thanks all!

Violiknit (Sophia)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home