Zimmermania

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Just Swatchin' and Watchin'....

But I plan to cast on very, very soon. I'm planning two EZ-inspired sweaters: a turtleneck for myself in Knitpicks Andean Silk ('Navy') and a mistake rib raglan for my man in Eco Wool ('Silver').

I've got a question though: I was thinking of doing my sweater in plain stockinette with garter stitch 'accents,' like at the bottom border, sleeve ends, and as a vertical stripe at the sides of the body. But what I'm grappling with is how to do the decreases: raglan or yoke? I understand well how a raglan feels and fits the body, but not so much a yoke, especially if it's done without designs. Would any Zimmermaniacs like to post pictures of yoked EZ sweaters actually being worn?

2 Comments:

  • I think preference between raglan and yoke shaping would depend on the person inside it (what a very EZ thing to say?). In other words, I don't like yokes, but I think it's because I have very broad, straight shoulders and so they're a little uncomfortable and I think they make me look like a coat hanger. I *love* raglans. But it might be the opposite for someone with smaller or more sloped shoulders - the yoke shaping would probably fit better, and a little color up there (maybe just a plain stripe or something?) would make narrower shoulders look broader.

    "Normal" or in-between shoulders would probably be just fine either way!

    By Blogger Kate A., at 6:25 AM  

  • http://www.streetsandyos.com/archives/hourglass_sweater_v20/index.php

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home