Zimmermania

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hanging Out with Meg and Elizabeth

Elizabeth and I have been spending loads of time together lately. Last month at the Knitters Guild meeting I borrowed Meg Swansen's Cardigan Details video and a one of the Knitting Around videos. I've been sitting and knitting my Fair Isle Yoke cardigan while watching Meg and Elizabeth knit and chat. I also got the Knitting Workshop video from the library, in which Elizabeth demonstrates all the techniques used in my sweater. It's due back tomorrow so I'm just finishing up the segment on lace knitting. It all makes me so sorry I chose to skip camp this summer.

The sweater is moving along pretty well. The yoke is slow going because I'm not a very fast two-color knitter and because I'm working on 300 stitches. But here's where I was earlier this morning.



-Jessica

5 Comments:

  • I strongly suggest that when you can you invest in the videos. I did and have gradually as I could afford it gotten almost every video that they have put out. I keep watching them over and over, and have learned so much, and continue to learn everytime I watch them I pick up something new. And funny, I think they are hilarious. You should get the one when Meg makes the Turkish Coat. I started crying at something she said in that segment it was so funny! Your knitting if fabulous and looks so neat! :) Knit On..

    By Blogger Liz M., at 12:36 PM  

  • Jessica, Love your colors! I do agree with Liz M. that the videos are great -- and now the DVD's are much more affordable!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 PM  

  • Jessica,

    your colors are just great!

    Libby

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:41 PM  

  • wow, the stitches are so nice and even. I find two-color work makes mine look a bit wonky.

    By Blogger morgen, at 4:56 PM  

  • I'm really drawn to the colors! So lovely and such a wonderful job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home