Zimmermania

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Yarn has arrived!

The yarn being here is the good news, the not so good news is the yarn is two different dye lots. Now I know this wouldn't have happened if I'd just gone out and bought the yarn myself but it's not so easy to sneak that much Nature Spun back into the house while DH is home with the little guy, the mailman delivers during the day while DH is at work so I was almost forced to go online to make this purchase.


DS helped to unpack the box (he believes that any package must be a present for him as most have been this last year). Seeing that many skeins of yarn all together made me feel a little nauseus, this project will be an epic for me as I'll be using more than twice the yarn I've used in any one project ever.

My needles still haven't arrived so I'm going to spend a bit of time swatching up the two lots to see how badly it'll all look and formulate a plan from there. I have dpns in the right size so I'll probably be starting the sleeves in the next day or two.

3 Comments:

  • they sent you two different dyelots!? that's almost criminal. i would call the company and complain.

    on the other hand, the packaging looks quite nice :) at least that's something!

    By Blogger spajonas, at 1:50 PM  

  • I would complain too, they should check. If you don't state that it's for 2 projects they should assume it's for one and should give you all the same dyelot. Believe me, they are just trying to get rid of leftovers here 'cause they should have enough of one dyelot to send you!

    Happy knitting!

    By Blogger Emily, at 2:07 PM  

  • Yes, definitely call them. In my experiance, when they do that and I call them on it, I've been told to keep what I have and they will send out more no charge. I'm not saying this to "get away with something". Just that to me, this shows that the company knows they messed up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home