Zimmermania

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Surprise! Another Baby Sweater!

Well, I finished the Baby Surprise Sweater knit from my first hand-dyed handspun. It was originally to be for a friend's baby, who is now four months old; unfortunately, the sweater turned out more newborn size.

It still needs buttons (I'm going to use some pewter ones from Schoolhouse Press) and I'm thinking of knitting a Tomten-style hood onto it.

I really love how sweetly the miters shape the sweater and create the stripes.

Gratuitous closeup so you can admire the yarn...

Fortunately for my friend, I started spinning new yarn when I got the inkling that the sweater I was knitting might turn out too small...

Soon to be another (larger) sweater!

2 Comments:

  • Wow. Just wow.

    The yarn is beautiful and was perfect for this pattern. I know you'll find some lucky baby that will love to have it.

    Congrats! And can't wait to see the next one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 AM  

  • Really like your BSS. And your new yarn looks yummy! Can hardly wait to see how it'll 'morph' into a BSS!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home