Zimmermania

Friday, October 13, 2006

There are some babies being born in the world. I wanted to make something for one. I've wanted to try the Knitters Almanac (EZ) February Baby Sweater for some time. I started it last night.

February Baby Sweater (EZ) - Yoke 2
click for larger image

its not much so far, just a garter stitch yoke. I would have knit more, but I'm taking a trip to Chicago this weekend and wanted to save the project for the plane. With such a wee little sweater, I had to control myself the last two nights or I would've probably finished before leaving on my trip (I don't have much room in my small bag for any in-progress large projects) (sock knitters, no admonitions necessary).

February Baby Sweater (EZ) - Yoke 1
click for larger images

I'm using US 6 KnitPicks Options and Sundara Superwash Merino Somewhat Solids in "Green over Yellow." The yarn is 100% wool, baby soft, and washable. I thought it was a good combination for new parents.

Well, I'm off for what I hear is an even windier city than usual. Have a great weekend!


5 Comments:

  • The colour is stunning, that's one lucky baby!

    By Blogger fibersnob, at 8:03 AM  

  • i want to wear it just like that - like a big necklace.

    By Blogger Marnie, at 2:05 PM  

  • Just wondering...do they allow knitting needles on the plane or have they banned that too? BTW love the sweater colour. It looks very soft.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM  

  • I love the green! What a nice choice for a little tot. (And yes, Anonymous, knitting needles are allowed on planes. I don't know how I'd survive cross-country flights without them!)

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 6:12 PM  

  • jared = sundara yarn addict ;)

    that color is seriously amazing. lucky, lucky baby! (and of course, for luck, the sweater is green) can't wait to see the result!

    By Blogger jess, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home