Zimmermania

Monday, January 21, 2008

Smockulus Majoris (EZ Yoke Sweater)



It doesn't look it at first glance, but somewhere buried deep in this design is a yoke sweater using EPS, and the yoke decrease rate EZ recommends for children. I used Malabrigo on US #7 needles, casting on K + 30% for the full skirt, then decreasing by 30% right before the mock cable ribbing section at the raised waist.

For the sleeves I followed EZ's advice of making the cuff ribbing longer by half than feels necessary, and increased all at once to 70 stitches.

To see more pictures and details, check out my blog entry on this project. Thank you for looking!

Jen

4 Comments:

  • What a great piece of work and fantastic colours too. I like the long cuffs. :)

    By Blogger Tina - omme i London, at 7:45 AM  

  • that's really darling looking! :)

    By Blogger annmarie, at 2:43 PM  

  • This is super cute! It looks like a cute little swingy smock. I bet it looks fabulous on its owner. Lovely!

    By Blogger karenthecomputerwife, at 7:33 PM  

  • I love your smock unvention! So cute and comfy for a little girl! Great work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home