Smockulus (EZ February Baby Sweater)
Having no more babies but loving EZ's February Baby Sweater from Knitters Almanac, I decided to make one using worsted weight Malabrigo. I added one more increase row to the garter stitch round to avoid having to cast on new stitches for the sleeves and underarms, and joined the knitting to make it a pullover. After separating the sleeve stitches from the body, I did a few inches of mock cable at the raised waist, then increased the stitch count by about a 3rd to create a full skirt (the smock effect. The last few inches of smock and the sleeve cuffs are in old shale, for added interest. Okay, so this may not look all that much like the sweater design that inspired it, but I'd like to think EZ would have approved!
There are a few more pics of Smockulus Minoris on my blog. My next project will be a Smockulus Majoris, for Olive's big sis!