Zimmermania

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fair Isle Sweater

This is my second fair isle sweater from the Opinionated Knitter. It is also my first project to successfully incorporate crocheted steeks. This sweater looks great with jeans or a skirt - very versatile.



Pattern: Opinionated Knitter
Yarn: Nature Spun Sport Weight
Needles: size 4 circulars

Here is a close up of the buttons - which I like very much. The buttonholes and picked up ribbing turned out as well. I had to rip it out once because it flared a bit the way I had done it the first time. The second time turned out better at a radio of 2 stitches to every 3 rows.



I have made several EZ projects and am currently working on the Gaffer's Gansey. There are pics of a few more EZ projects on my blog at www.knitsaliving.blogspot.com.

2 Comments:

  • Your sweater is beautiful and I really enjoyed looking through the many projects on your blog. You are a great knitter. Thanks for posting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 PM  

  • Georgeous sweater!! congrats on a wonderful wardrobe addition! Thanks for sharing

    By Blogger Ilix, at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home