Zimmermania

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Fishtraps


Fishtraps for twins! These are for 4 year old twins my sons are friends with. Their birthday party is tomorrow so I finished just in time.

They are both knit in worsted acrylic (busy mother of twins asked for something easy for the laundry-harried) on sz. 6 needles. My gauge was 5 sts/in over stockinette. I was going for matching, not identical.

The Blue sweater has a contrast bottom hem on 90% of the body stitches. Between the pattern panels and the sleeves is plain stockinette. The sleeves each have one ribbed cable. The yoke follows normal raglan shaping.

The Maroon one has the Fisthrap pattern only on the front. There are ribbed cables down the sleeves and center back. The rest of the sweater is knit in K2 P2 ribbing. The yoke combines raglan and saddle shoulder shaping.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger knititch, at 10:11 AM  

  • wow they are a beautiful little couple. and the boys will look lovely in them. i think this pattern is so pretty. love travelling stitches. what a good friend you are.

    By Blogger knititch, at 10:21 AM  

  • WOW!! Those are AWESOME. Wish your boys were friends with my twin sons. ;)

    Hmmm, maybe I'll just have to try making those myself. They are just gorgeous - you did a fabulous job, and I hope the mother loves them.

    By Blogger earthchick, at 10:58 AM  

  • Wow..... congrats! Those look great and you are done in time! (an issue for many of us I know)
    I agree, with knititch, you are a great friend, I hope they love them properly!

    By Blogger Ilix, at 5:17 PM  

  • What a fabulous gift. You did a lovely job!

    By Blogger TJacobson, at 5:15 AM  

  • Wow! They're beautiful! (And I have trouble getting One Sweater done 'in time' - I'm so impressed!)

    Btw, the 5 y.o. (boy) twins in my life (a knitter friend's children) tell me that matching is not good - unless its the Davy Crockett caps :)

    By Blogger Bullwinkle, at 8:54 AM  

  • I love them! You've given me even more motivation to start my own Fishtrap.

    By Blogger KnittingJones, at 9:04 AM  

  • The two sweaters are stunning. What an outstanding gift!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:25 PM  

  • Yay!
    I'm so glad you managed to finish them. I'm sure they will be cherished for years to come.

    By Blogger KnittyLynn, at 5:36 PM  

  • The sweaters are gorgeous. Any mom would love them as a gift for her boys I am sure. Love the pattern.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:03 PM  

  • I can't believe you finished them both - the force was with you! I quite like the sportiness of the ribbed sleeves and sides. Great idea.

    By Blogger Sarah / Blue Garter, at 9:50 PM  

  • awesome sweaters, awesome knitter! you must be something to knit for twins that are unrelated to you...and knit such fine things. lucky little boys. like earthchick said, i wish my twin were your friends. great job.

    By Blogger mames, at 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home